Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

I love this recipe, I alter it to our tastes and I've doubled it for company.

1/4 C chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 T butter
2T flour
1 C chicken broth
1 can ( 4oz) chopped green chile or fresh
1/8 t pepper
1 C shredded cheese, divided
1/2 C sour cream
2 C chopped cooked chicken
4 flour tortillas
In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Combine flour and broth until smooth; gradually add to pan. Stir in the chile and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 min or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 C cheese and sour cream until cheese is melted. Combine chicken and 3/4 c sauce. Place about 1/2 C chicken mix. down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 11x7 baking dish . Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas. Bake uncovered at 350 for 20 min. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 min longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with olives, tomatoes and green onions if desired. Yield: 2 servings

1 comment:

  1. I am so going to make this when I get settled in my house!

    ReplyDelete