I used the pillowcase shape to make a pattern for the base of the purse.
1. I cut 2 pieces of the pink fabric 20x 14 in. - Sew right sides together on all sides but leave the top open. (the top is one of the long sides)
2. I cut the pillowcase so I could use the embroidered side and the other side for the interior lining of the bag. I cut the interior lining aprox. 20 in. and insert it in the base with wrong sides together. I then stuck my hand in the purse to make a fold like so.
I folded it to the bottom and pinned in place. Then I stitched into place.
Then I stitched the the lining and outside of bag into place so that it would be easier to work with.
4. Stitch skirt on the bag. Then you can stitch a gathering stitch or just sew a large zig zag over fishing line for easy gathering. Now it is ready for the opening and straps of the bag.
5. For the opening I cut 4- 13x 5in. and had a 1"x 45" strip serged for the strap.
6. cut the strap in half to make the two handles.
7. lay the one piece face up and pin the straps into place and place another piece face down.
8. Stitch the handle side with the right sides are togther. You will do this for both handles
9. Then open it up and sew the two pieces together at sides (right sides together).
10. Fold with right side out and turn under 1/4in. on each side and gather bag, pin in place and stitch.
I entered this craft in the
Could you Help me reach 500 fans. Just like fancypantsbyjamee on facebook. The 500th fan as well as the friend that suggested the 500th fan will get the pillowcase dress OF THEIR CHOICE and a matching bow EACH. THANKS SO MUCH!!