Now that I know, I thought I would share for those of you out there who have been wondering the same. This is a custom order I had for one of my customers. I will not show you how I made the whole outfit but just how I appliqued on the pant legs. Let's get started.
1. Use heatbond lite - my favorite to the back of the fabric you want to applique.
3. Lay out your applique on the jeans the way you want to sew them on. Peel the backing off and iron into place.
4. Now head on over to the sewing machine and stitch into place
5. Since this was such an intricate design i used a straight stitch. To keep from fraying I used the wonderful product- Fray Check around the design.
6. Stitch up inner seam.
7. you are done with the applique part- you can also skip all the work and hire me to do it all for you;)