1. Take a pair of legging that fit your child nicely and fold in half to see its pattern. Lay on top of one of the sleeves and cut to the shape of the leg then do the other side.
2. Then with right sides together insert one leg into the other.
3. Stitch crotch then stitch again for durability.
4. make casing for elastic at the top and insert the elastic and stitch shut.
5. Now for the top. i took a patten that i liked and layed it on top of the sweater lining up the neckline.
6. cut the length, and sides with armholes
7. Then i added the applique from this fabulous fabric I found at joanns in the novelty section
8. With right sides together stitch up sides
9. Add ruffles at bottom
10. follow the tutorial from Dana found here to make puff sleeves (she has lots of great tutorials)
11. stitch the sides of the neck alittle to keep from falling off the shoulders
12. Look Fabulous!!
Sorry this really wasn't so much of a tutorial maybe i will remember to take photos through the process next time.