Friday, March 19, 2010

Raggy Flops Tutorial Part 2

Here is the second part of these flip flops. For this tutorial I started with these flip flops to see how I made the first part you can go Here.

Next I felt we needed a focal point on these wild flip flops.  I wanted to embroider a K on some black fabric to put on a button cover.  If you don't have an embroidery machine don't worry Hobby Lobby sells some cute embroidered letters on button covers.  They are white with black stitching and they also would be cute in the middle of a bow. 
 
Once I embroidered my K's I cut them down to put on my button covers I used adhesive spray to center and keep in place, however a glue gun wuld work great too.

Next I cut 3 various sized circles per flop with my pinker shears. I then used my needle and thread to stitch and pull to gather the circles.

It should turn out something like this. 

Now you are ready to hot glue it all together.

Do the other one, and you have some cute flip flops on your feet. I need to make her an outfit to go with these.  Look for that later.  Have a super weekend!

15 comments:

  1. WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT! that is just a great idea.. I am bookmarking this one also for sure!

    {p.s. I have a lil something waiting for you at my blog!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have more patience than me as I started a pair like this and gave up - Love the monogrammed button though - VERY cute!

    Thanks for linking at Lucky Star Lane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flower button you added, it really makes it all the more cuter. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute, cute, cute. And did I mention cute?
    Love the monogrammed flower/button.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Those are great in different colors for different outfits.
    Win Rachael Ray bake ware at my blog.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, these are cute! Thank you for linking this up too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally love flip flops. These are super cute!

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday. Please join me next week for another great party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. (Oops, delete that last comment... I had a blond moment and pasted in the wrong link! Let me try again!)

    What a cute idea!! I am lovin all these fun flipflop ideas lately. Girls would absolutely love this!

    Alison
    http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. The monogram makes them so cute and unique! Wish my sewing machine could do that!

    Thanks again for linking up to Make it Yours Day at My Backyard Eden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So CUTE!! I just made a pair, and posted it.. but a girl can never have too many! I think I may make a pair like yours today!! Thanks for sharing a how-to!! ~tina

    ReplyDelete