Monday, April 12, 2010

Fast Easy No Sew Eye pillows

You can make this as simple or as fancy as you would like.  This craft is for my MOPS group this week.  Every year we have a spa day and so as the craft person I need a spa craft.  I chose to do these eye pillows but the challenge was to make it a no sew project.  This craft would also be fun for a girls slumber party and it is very cheap to do.

Supplies:
~3/4 C of Rice per pillow
Snack Bag Ziploc Bag
Scissors
low cut sock
sticky velcro

First, I put about 3/4 cup of rice in the ziploc bag.  I put it in a ziploc bag because I was not sewing the sock closed and I didn't want it to be a mess for anyone. When you seal it get all the air out.

Next cut about 3 inches of velcro to use to seal the sock closed.  You need to cut the ankle /heel part of the sock off at this point and you can use the rice bag to help you determine how much to cut off but leave room for the velcro.

Put the rice bag in and close it up.  You could sew it closed or weave ribbon on the end for closures too.
It looked plain so I just used some fabric paint to decorate real quick which it is not fancy at all but let your creative juices flow here.  I am having the ladies at MOPS decorate with permanent markers since that is what we already have on hand and like I said if you used this for a slumber party they can autograph each others pillows or just decorate.  These can be microwaved or put in the freezer to be cold masks. 

2 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea! my name is Angela I did the give away with Mary Kay on Sew Dang Cute! I missed the deadline to comment on her site and I wanted everyone to know that if you wanted I am giving $25 off any anti-aging set when you come try the products with a facial or with out a facial you can get $10 off and you can look on my website at www.marykay.com/AngelaL or email me at AngelaL@marykay.com Again sorry to crash your blog I was looking for your email :) Anyway good luck on your travels and would love to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'll have to bookmark it with my Christmas ideas!

    ReplyDelete